Wednesday, September 29, 2010

YW:)

So we had Young Womens tonight. The Bishop's family came and picked me up (they have tons of daughters and drive around a big van.... sounds familiar) and then we went to the church (25 minute drive) and I got through Young Womens.... the girls were a little friendlier, but still kept their distance...I'm still alive so i guess it wasn't too bad..... The entire time at church the leaders were all over me but only ONE kid really talked to me and it was Patrick, the kid i had i had been put in a group with at the fireside thing on Sunday. He was really nice and it made the whole thing a MILLION times more bearable.

But afterwards the Bishop's family was taking me home and I became friends with Courtney and Carissa (his daughters who are 16 and 18) and we talked and listened to music in the car and then stopped at tescos (like walmart here i guess?) and all ran inside and the Bishop was like, "All right--candy!!" So Courtney and Carissa tore apart the candy isle (it was sooo funny) while Bishop went and got flowers for his wife (who is the nicest lady, btw).

So anyway, I'm getting used to it here... I have to say though, I miss our youth group---I never realized how friendly and open we are...like the way we bring people into our group and get to know them. Here, they're just kinda..... i don't know... cold..? I mean, they're all really close to each other and all best friends, so........ It'll be great once I work my way into the group i guess...

keep you posted--- <3christina

2 comments: