Thursday, September 30, 2010

Truce--

So Blake (10 years old) and I have had some problems since I've been here. He just hates me for everything--he hates me b/c i have to give him piano lessons and he hates piano; he hates me because I tell him to stop beating up his brothers; he hates me because i don't let him pretend he doesn't know me in front of all his friends etc, etc. It got the pont that when I talked to him he'd either ignore me or tell me to leave him alone or go away or quit "bossing him around." Sooo today i went and picked him up from his afterschool activity and we were walking home together so I took the opportunity to get into his head. After talking for awhile and telling him that i wanted to be friends, we ended in a truce that as long as I don't do anything embaressing in ANY WAY with his friends around the whole time I'm here, then he'll be nice to me and be my friend, BUT if he's mean, then the next day I get to give him a kiss on the cheek in front of all his friends. Hah--he actually came up to me and gave me a hug before bed tonight! That's what I call winning friends and influencing people;)

2 comments: